CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.01.2014

3 YEAR ANNIVERSARY POST OP.

TODAY marks Cole's 3 yr anniversary of his {BRAIN SURGERY} in Cleveland. As I look back over the last 6 years I can not deny that he is a {MIRACLE} he is suppose to be here JUST THE WAY HE IS. I can't describe the years of horror & sadness that we went through, counting {150+ SEIZURES A DAY}. I was scared & unsure of his future. At times I felt so WORTHLESS  & ALONE. His drs HERE had basically given up on him, it became my OBSESSION to stop his seizure.  He couldn't look at us & he wasn't responding to his name. I would get small glimpses that he was "in there" but he was basically in an Epileptic State 24/7. Our happy baby had been taken from us overnight from what I can only describe as hell it's self!  I begged & pleaded "Why him! Please I will do ANYTHING." I spent HOURS a day doing research,  joining Epilepsy Forums & reading "case studies from Medical books". The word {DESPERATION} had a new meaning to me.  We were on our knees {PLEADING WITH THE LORD for MIRACLE} or a little piece of HOPE. SOMETHING. We took a leap of faith. 3 yrs ago today, I carried my sleeping baby in my arms, down to the OR where the surgery team lined the halls. I laid Cole's little body on the table, I gave him a kiss & walked away. It was the longest 8 HOURS of my life. I felt at PEACE, I felt CONFIDENT in his Surgeon & I was HOPEFUL. My relationship with the Savior was the strongest it had ever been. I have never witnessed so much KINDNESS from a lot of you, so much COMPASSION & so many MIRACLES along the way. I felt the Lords his arms around me when I was at my worst. I was confident we had found the best {BRAIN SURGEON} in the world to remove almost 1/2 OF HIS BRAIN. Cole made it through & this December will HOPEFULLY mark his 2 years of "S" freedom. If he makes it to Dec, we can start weaning his medication VERY SLOWLY! This is just as {IMPORTANT} as the day of his surgery. We have been holding our breath till now, PLEASE KEEP HIM IN YOUR PRAYERS. It has been a LONG ROAD that seems to never end, in this life it won't. Sometimes this stubborn little guy pushes my buttons & gets the best of me, but I can not deny the {MIRACLE} that this boy is. Cole he has brought the Savior into my life. Before Cole, I heard stories of Christ, I thought maybe he existed. But I did not "know" him. Because of Cole, I was able to KNOW the Savior.  We all find him in different ways & at different points in our lives. Sometimes because of people we meet. In my case, it was because of my Child. Thank you Cole. 

No comments:

Post a Comment