CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

10.03.2013

LIGHTAIDE BACKPACK PROGRAM.

Guess What!?!  We were chosen to try out this AWESOME device for the Visually Impaired or Light Sensory Oriented Child for 2 weeks!  I think it's a great device for a lot of Special Needs Kids because you can do SO much with it!

This device is called the LightAide from Philips and Perkins which you can go to that link and see what it's ALL ABOUT! Wonder Baby was gracious enough to choose Cole, to try it out for 2 weeks, then we send it off to another family...they are look for 6 families total to try it out...so if you are interested, I would highly recommend visiting their website ASAP so you can have a chance to try the LightAide out!

As you know, we have had a lot of success with lights & buttons for Cole...so this device was right up his alley.  He is SO stimulated by lights that it's not even funny.  When were outside, he stares into the sun, we get in the car and he stares at the light, any lights in the house...he gravitates to.  We turned on the LightAide and he was glued to it!  It has these cool "tactile sensory screens" you can  put over the top and he LOVED touching them.  I know if we were able to use it longer, he would have the button down in no time.  You can the LightAide to work on "tracking", the ABC's, colors and SO many games.  I was shocked at how many different games you can play! 

This program was so fun to be apart of...especially since they let us take it to Cole's school so the other kids could try it...how nice is that!?!  ...it's currently there right now, so when we get it back, I will do an update!

Here are some pics (when I get a sec I'll post a video!)





 can you tell he's in LightAide Heaven!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is WONDERFUL! I am so glad you guys got to try this out. When I saw this a few weeks ago, I immediately thought of Cole. I should've said something! But I am glad you found it somehow. :) We came very close to applying with Bertrand, but decided it just wasn't the right time for us. Hopefully we'll get to try it someday! Love you all!!! :)

    ReplyDelete