CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.02.2013

HAPPY 2 YEAR POST OP!

Happy 2 year post op to Cole today (actually it was yesterday)!  Most of the time, it feels like Cole isn't progressing when we see him around even 1-yr olds.  But, looking back to where he was 2 years ago,  before his surgery...he is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT LITTLE BOY! It's amazing the things he wasn't able to do and how far he has REALLY come.  I'm so glad we made that decision to have his Temporal & Occipital Lobes of his brain taken out so he can progress in life.  I'm grateful to his WONDERFUL Neurologist, Dr. Lachhwani and his Neuro Surgeon, Dr. Bingaman.  With out the Lord guiding us & putting amazing people in our lives to get to where we are today...we wouldn't have found those doctors to help Cole.  As HARD & FRUSTRATING as Cole is to take care of...I feel so blessed to have Cole in my life...still kicking, screaming & pulling my hair out.  My days would be SO boring with out him.  Because of him & the things we've experienced as a family (which I would NEVER EVER EVER wish on anyone), I can say that I'm a better person.  I am indebted to my son who has changed me for the better.  My husband & I have seen things, felt things & experienced things that out of this world...through all of the heartache & pain...we've felt the love & support of those around us who support & love our family & try so hard to make sure we know we (especially Cole) is loved & important. We've been blessed to see MIRACLES HAPPEN, and to know first hand that the POWER of the Lord is REAL, he is REAL, he LOVES us & he is ALWAYS THERE even when you are in the darkest & hopeless time in your life, if you SEEK HIM....I promise...You WILL FIND HIM!

Here is Cole's Surgery in 2011, starting with Day 1 (in case your child is having surgery soon...I know it always helps to see how it went for other kids).

As tradition would have it...I have to post Cole's Story Video I made:

4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing parent and blogger and woman of faith. You have given us the gift of hope and support. I am so thrilled for Cole, he is an inspiration to children all over the world, and to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I met your husband a couple years ago when I gave him a haircut and I checked out your blog when you were in the midst of finding out what was going on with your little guy. I'm so glad that he is doing so well and your family is about to be blessed with another beautiful baby! Congrats and much love to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I am in tears over here. First what an amazing mom and dad you are. Second what an amazing, strong boy Cole is and he is so blessed to have such amazing examples of strength in his parents. Third I am blown away by his progress. The steps might seem like they are taking forever to you, but this video was really amazing to see how much he is growing. You guys are just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just met your niece Maddy in UT. She told me Cole's story. I will be praying for Cole, his little sister and the two of you. In Christ, Pastor Jim

    ReplyDelete