CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

3.29.2013

COLE'S GUNNA BE A BIG BROTHER!

I had to take Clomid (fertility medication) to get pregnant with Cole.  We always wanted another child, but honestly, it was more then what we could handle...and I think it will still be more then we can handle...but we're still excited!  This time around, we decided that taking clomid was NOT an option (we didn't want to have multiples!)...so to our surprise, we are expecting!

I had my 1st apt at 8 weeks.  The dr was SO understanding, he & the nurse both apologized for everything we had gone through with Cole.  They are watching this baby very closely.  Because Cole had a Birth Defect where his brain didn't form all the way, I have to take HUGE amounts of Folic Acid.  We will be doing genetic testing at 16 weeks...which I don't know if I'm ready for.  Then a different/more in depth ultra sound at 18-20 weeks.  They did an ultra sound at 8 weeks which showed the heart beat & showed that baby is growing "on time".  This week, we got to hear the heart beat again...which was a RELIEF!!!  Both of us thought maybe I had miscarried....not for any reason other then we are PARANOID.  And...I'm NOT feeling good at ALL.  I wasn't this sick with Cole...but the dr said being nauseous is actually a good sign.

It's like we're having a child for the first time. I can hardly remember being pregnant & I certainly don't remember how to care for a baby....I feel like I never got to enjoy having a baby because we were too busy playing "Mystery Diagnosis" and  in & out of the hospital etc.  So hopefully we will get to enjoy it a little more this time around.  It's weird to thing this baby will be out of diapers & talking before Cole....and out of a crib before him too! 

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I just had my sixth and still feel like each time is so different that every single one causes me to keep learning so don't feel bad for being paranoid. Hope everything goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I hope with your new addition things are settling down after a few months...probably not since you have 6 kids ;) Thanks for your support!

      Delete
  3. congratulations! how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello- I came across your blog- as I too have a daughter with epilepsy.
    You seem to be an amazing and strong woman- an inspiration to others like us struggling with the disease.
    Congratulations on the absolutely wonderful news-your kids are indeed lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you for your love and encouragement! I'm sorry you know the world of epilepsy too...but I hope things are calm and hope your daughter is doing well!!!

      Delete
  5. I'm so excited for your cute little family. I was so scared to get pregnant again. We have treated this pregnancy just like any other... and I am a little scared about it. I pray everyday that we get to take a healthy baby home! I feel like I am going to be a mom for the first time to! I have no idea what Im going to do with a newborn at home! We went straight to primary childrens with Lizzie and I had lots of help from amazing nurses! If we take this baby home, it will be a whole new experience. I sure hope everything goes well for you guys and your new baby. Lots of luck and lots of love ~ Chayla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chayla!!! You are so sweet...I know you know exactly how I feel. I'm excited to see pictures of your new addition on your blog soon ;) And I hope ALL goes well with your delivery and hope the baby arrives safely!!! xoxo.

      Delete