CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

1.25.2013

WARNING: TOO MUCH B-6.

Well, nothing ever seems to go "as planned" around here.  Cole's neuro (where we live) suggested we try the high dose of B-6 to help his Keppra rage...and what do you know...it worked!!!  BUT, there is ALWAYS a trade off for this kid.  I gave him his 2nd dose & put him to bed & thought, "he has had A LOT of B-6, I wonder what can happen if you take too much".  So, I googled it (say what you will about googling medical stuff, but google has been my "partner in crime" against "The Beast" aka...seizures.  We've gotten more info from there then most of his drs).  Anyways, I guess if you take too much B-6 it will make your arms & legs go NUMB!  Sure enough, Cole woke up in a blood curdling scream at 12am...he couldn't move his arms or legs...luckily I had JUST read that or I wouldn't have known what was going on.  He was SO freaked out...that it made me freak out, even though I knew that was what happened.  He kept looking at me & crying...like he was trying to tell me something.  I felt horrible that I couldn't make it disappear.  We hung out all night till he fell back asleep, by morning it had gone away.

This poor little guy cant catch a break...his choices are:
 -No Keppra: have seizures
-B-6 for rage: arms & legs go numb
-Take Keppra: have rage
Well, of course we aren't going to give him the B-6 (only small amounts, but it's really not effective for rage if it's a low dose.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment