CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

8.27.2012

MEDICATION CHANGE.

It's been about 2 weeks since we weaned Cole by 50mg from Keppra.  It doesn't sound like that much...but WOW, let me tell you...it messes him up ANYTIME we mess with his meds.  Cole used to sleep SO well at night and now....he wakes up at 3am and won't go back to sleep...unless I get *IN* his crib with him.  It's either A: I get him out of his crib and he's up all night punching his own head, punching my head, pulling out my hair, scratching me & pounding his head on the ground  *or*  B: Get in his crib with him, he goes back to sleep in 1-3 hours...and I climb out...then I'm left with a killer migraine the next day!  I'd rather go with B.  Last night though, he decided he didn't want to go back to bed AT ALL.  We left the door open while we were in and out of sleep for about 30min while Cole played...but that's obviously a No, No when you have a child like Cole, so out of bed we got and ALL of us were exhausted in the morning...but, we both had to go to work. So...NO the drop in Keppra hasn't changed his mood :(  I'm adding B6, B12, Folic Acid & Vitamin C to his supplements to see if that helps again. 

 This little guy doesn't like to cuddle, nor does he EVER sleep anywhere but his crib, so I jumped at the chance to snuggle with him...it made EVERYTHING so worth it!  After he woke up he just wanted to lay in my lap, and he kept kissing my hand...he totally melted my heart and I ate up every moment of it. 
He is such a sweet little boy with an AMAZING spirit!
...especially when he is nice or sleeping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment