CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

4.04.2012

IT HAPPENED.


Yes, the one thing I have been so UTTERLY afraid of for the last 7 months.  Cole had 7 small "head drop seizures" yesterday.  I went to pick him up from the wonderful woman who watches Cole...he was sitting in her arms and I saw one out of the corner of my eye, I quickly looked at him and said "WHAT WAS THAT!?!".  Debbie (who watches him) looked at him and that's when he had 6 more...right in a row.  I was in complete shock, all I could do was sit there...I kept saying "maybe he's just tired", "maybe he's just tired".  Debbie assured me that it was a "S".  I didn't want to believe it...she asked me if I was ok and I just sat there staring at him.  She walked me over to the couch, sat both of us down and called her husband & his dad to come over and give Cole a priesthood blessing...I asked if I could have one also.  I was so glad that Debbie was quick to know what I needed and what Cole needed.  This is one of the things that stuck out to me in Cole's blessing:  "You have been blessed by the prayers of faith and you are a very special child of God."    ...I didn't exactly want to tell anyone about him having "S's" in hopes that it didn't really happen...but, Cole had 4 more this morning.  I KNOW how powerful blessings and the prayers of others are...and so, I ask that you pray for him.  We are pretty sure this is happening because of his medication change (either the wean of Keppra or the new medication).  We are waiting on the neurologist to see what his thoughts are. 

If I can ask *one* more thing of you in addition to praying for Cole, will you listen to this talk...if you have a special needs child or know of a special needs child...this is the most AMAZING talk (i cried during the whole thing!)  He talks about his grandson that has special needs.  This talk couldn't have come at a better time for me, then now...2 days before the ciaos hit.  ...and Thank You to the wonderful people who sent me messages saying they were thinking about us during this talk, it meant so much to me.   And Thank You to my co-workers for letting me cry all day long!
You can read or watch that amazing talk here: "Special Lessons", Ronald A. Rasband.
(TURN OFF THE MUSIC AT THE BOTTOM OF BLOG 1ST):

11 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Your family is in my prayers. Let me know if I can help in any way. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. that breaks my heart... :(
    i thought of cole during that talk also. so sweet. thoughts and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry that the "s" are back. My heart aches for you, your husband and Cole. We will keep you in our prayers. I loved Rasband's talk! It stopped my in my tracks when I heard it. Cole is special and Heavenly Father knows him and what he need and what you need. Don't give up, stay strong and keep the faith. Love you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry...
    Know that you and Cole are in my prayers.
    Cole is a brave little boy, and you and your husband are strong, and you'll get through this with the help of God.
    Cole means "victory of the people" and you WILL SEE YOUR VICTORY! Stay strong. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Medication changes are awful. It's so hard to know what to do and so hard to be patient about it. We are praying for you every day. Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You don't know me, but I have been following your blog since my friend Jessica N. asked on facebook for prayers for your family during Cole's surgery. I cried when I read about the "S's."
    We will have continued prayers for your family's journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly, Thank you SO much for praying for our family. Thanks for thinking about us, I REALLY appreciate the love and support!

      Delete
  7. Ok you don't know who i am but I started following your blog when someone was telling me about it. I nannied for elder rasbands nephew. You know the crazy thing is, while i nannied for him, i told his mom shannon norton about your blog and that she should read it. She stuggles a lot i know that, so it is kind of crazy how he talked about it in conference and I told elder rasbands daughter about your blog. I really look up to you and your perserverance and the strength you have.
    sammie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sammie, thank you so much for reading cole's blog...and thank you for sharing our story. I think that is SO COOL that you nannied for Rasbands nephew and passed on Cole's blog to her & his daughter. Thank you for sharing this with me...it's always nice to get sweet comments! xoxo

      Delete
  8. i loved this talk so much and definitely thought of all the amazing families i work with now and in the past. time has totally gotten away from me, and i am just now finally getting around to posting about it myself.

    ReplyDelete