CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

2.13.2012

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!


My darling & talented friend Tiffany made these adorable Valentines for Cole & I L.O.V.E. them!

Cole is doing good and we are VERY anxious to go to Cleveland in 2 weeks. This will be his *first* EEG & checkup since his surgery. We are praying that his EEG will be accurate & DEEPLY praying that his EEG is beginning to normalize & no "S" activity. Can you believe it's almost been 6 months since Cole's surgery. You would think that things would be "easier" since his surgery...but in a way, it hasn't been. My anxiety level has been through the roof, watching and waiting for the "horrible beast" to strike at any moment. We have heard a lot of stories where kids have been seizure free for 5 years & all of a sudden they came back (hence why they don't declare someone seizure free until 6 years of no activity). It makes me SO sick to my stomach. I hate being afraid. I don't want to live in fear, but oh, if you had the experience with a catastrophic childhood epilepsy...you would know how much they destroy the "bright future" of amazing little children. Yes, they still have a bright future a head of them, but it's on a whole new level. A "new level" that I secretly wish I never had to experience. It's been hard having our first child & see his life change over night. I have no idea what I am doing...but just taking it one day at a time, not looking to far a head & just letting the Lord hold my hand every step of the way. But oh how much I love this little boy, no matter what "level" we have to face together. He is so sweet, his innocents and unconditional love is so PURE & GENTLE. Happy Valentines Day!

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think he's pretty cute too...thanks for reading his blog :)

      Delete
  2. Happy V-Day! I could only imagine the fear and struggles you have had up to this point. That continued fear must be extremely overwhelming. I sometimes get consumed with anxiety and it is awful. It gets hard to keep going or seeing past the fear but I am grateful for your insight and reminding me God is holding our hands through it all. Sometimes we have harder times than others and it reminds me of one of my fav poems: "You promised me Lord, that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there have only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, you have not been there for me?" The Lord replied, "The times when you have seen only one set of footprints, is when I carried you." Sometimes we need to be carried. We are praying for your trip in two weeks...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reminding me about that poem...I actually remember it hanging up in your parents house growing up with a picture of one set of foot prints in the sand. I love you so much!

      Delete
  3. Yep. I understand this post so well. Praying for the best for you guys. I will call you when I have a minute to tell ya about yesterday. Loves

    ReplyDelete