CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

1.23.2012

COLE SAYING "MAMA"!

Before Cole seizures started, he was babbling "mama", "dada" & baba". I got a video of him saying "mama" (once), waving (once) & saying "dada" (once)...they were all on my cell phone so they were very blurry and poor quality. I was so sad because I thought I might never hear or see him do/say those things again...and what I had captured was blurry. After Cole's surgery...he said "mama" for the first time 1 month after his surgery...I wasn't fast enough to get it on video & he stopped saying it after a few days. But, he started saying it again this weekend! Here's a clip of him: (turn off the music at the bottom of the blog 1st)

6 comments:

  1. Sarah, this post makes me so happy. I seriously get all choked up thinking about it. Such a simple thing but I think I can understand what a HUGE deal this milestone would be for you.

    I still would love to get together sometime. Maybe a Friday morning sometime? Let me know -after this week- when would work for you guys.

    Loves :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what JOY & happiness this brings to MY heart to hear, which means you must be on Cloud 9! God is good & God is great! He does know what us simple minded souls need to heal! And he knows exactly when we need it! Rejoice in the daily miracles as I'm sure you try to do! Love ya girly! I'm so happy to be able to share (hear) in this wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog. Our son is also epileptic and shares a lot of similarities with Cole. He too recently starting babbling his mama's, again. It sounded so similar and hearing your Cole say it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how thrilling! I think that's the first time I've ever heard his cute little voice. I'm so happy for you. It is also wonderful to see how he likes exploring everything. He is growing up so fast. I also can't believe how much hair he has and how well his scar is hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your blog. My son was a typically developing child as well and contracted a virus when he turned 11 months old. He had a 24 hour seizure stopped only by a pentobarbitol coma and body temp cooling. He now has residual myoclonic seizures all day long. He has hundreds of them daily. We are currently playing the medication game, but looking at second opinions. I'm glad to see that your son is improving. Epilepsy can be a hellish lifestyle and it's nice to see stories of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful!!! Worth mentioning again. :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete