CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

12.01.2011

COME WHAT MAY, AND LOVE IT.

Today is Cole's 3 month anniversary of his surgery!  To celebrate...daddy & I are going on our 1st "movie date" with out Cole, since December 2009 (we brought him with us to that one).  Yes, it has been that long since we've been in a movie theater.  ...it's hard being a parent of a child with seizures...I hope to never have to deal with them again, though,  I can sympathize with the parents that are currently dealing with it.  It's defiantly one of the harder things in life to deal with...though, you still have to "try" to live life and make the most of it.  I TRULY commend the parents whose children's life have been handicapped by those PESKY-HORRIBLE seizures...and those that have special needs children.  Being a parent to these children are not usually coveted & it takes MUCH time, money, resources, energy & everything you live for, to raise these special souls.  I know we will be compensated by our maker for what we've "lost", the things our children were never able to experience or the things we never got to see them do.  I've had some hard times accepting what is to be (especially before finding the Cleveland Clinic & not knowing what was wrong with Cole).  Do you want to know what helped me?
 This:  
"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude."
This is an AMAZING talk by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin, called "Come What May, and Love It".  This talk ironically came out a week after Cole was born...before we knew anything that was to come...it didn't mean as much to me as it did after Cole's life changed.  When I need perspective or a little comfort...I read or listen to this, it's gotten me through some though times.  He talks about a grandchild he has that is autistic.  If you need comfort you can Read Here...Watch SHORT version here...or watch the FULL version: (turn the music off at the bottom of the blog 1st.)


2 comments:

  1. Your positive outlook on all of this is so inspiring! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, and this talk is so inspiring! Hope you and A had an AWESOME time at the movie, you DEF deserve it! XO

    ReplyDelete