CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

10.16.2011

A MIRACLE.

It's been 7 weeks since Cole's surgery and it seems surreal! Looking at the pictures, I can remember what he smelled like and the feeling in the room...it was both a weird smell & a weird feeling...but the feeling & smell of hope & "a new life".   The past 2 years of what Cole has gone through and how far he's come has been to much to fathom. Going from 150+ seizures a day to 7 weeks of not seeing "any" is a HUGE accomplishment for Cole...but we have 6 more years of "holding our breath" to see if the surgery worked fully. He's doing SO good. He has come a long way. He is starting to do things I've only dreamed of and thought I might not ever witness...like holding our hand from the car to the front door of the house. Last week we got to go on our *First* walk with out the stroller!!!! He held our hand all the way around the block. He tried to reach for the light switch today also. I can't help but thank my Heavenly Father to let me witness the many MIRACLES of my *own* son. If you are wondering if Christ exists...I TESTIFY to you that he *DOES* exist, he is VERY real....with *EVERY* fiber of my being, I know that he exists. Because of Christ, we are able to experience & witness miracles both big & small. There were many times when I begged & pleated to know "why us", "why my child" and I begged to make it go away. There were days when I felt like running away to a deserted Island with my family so we wouldn't have to feel the pain and think of the future...thinking of the future freaked me out. I now know that it was for my benefit, to help me and my family grow in ways that we wouldn't have been able to, and so I could relate to those that are suffering. Some people have asked me how I've gotten through everything...like the eye dr the other day...he asked me, "so how are you so up beat about life?" I laughed and wasn't going to say anything...but realized he really did want to know. Well, a lot of people have asked me, so here is my answer...Mosiah 24:14 the Lord said "And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions". I am here to tell you that it is TRUE! I was telling "daddy" after Cole finally healed from his surgery, that is "was like someone literally picked us up, placed us at the Cleveland Clinic in February and parted the way for Cole to have surgery. I don't even know how it was so easy to get Cole admitted and insurance stuff in place. It's been one amazing and crazy journey...I know it's not completely over, but I feel at peace and hope for the future!


3 comments:

  1. I taught the Sunday School lesson today about being valiant in our testimonies and having the courage to share. I wish I would have used you as an example. Thank you for your courage to stand up for what you believe. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That post really touched me. Your words are so true and so genuine. I am so happy that things are going well and that you are able to experience those small little miracles that make life wonderful, like reaching for the light switch and holding hands with your 3 year old. Those moments are priceless. I loved your testimony and it made mine stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that your little guy is doing so wonderfully. I love reading your blog & hearing all about the new & exciting things Cole is doing. Thank you for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete