CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.20.2011

PRESCHOOL ASSESSMENT.

Cole has been in an Early Intervention group called "Kids on the Move"...he has 3 different therapist who come to the house every month.  They started coming a month after he started seizing (since he was 11 months old).  We LOVE his therapist...they are so good with Cole!  But, since Cole is turning 3 this month, he gets transitioned from Kids on the Move to a preschool thru the School District.  He had his assessment for preschool today...we filled out a lot of paper work and answered a lot of questions.   Then, they score him (50% being average & 100% being above average).  Cole scored 1%...which was around what I had expected...and even though I fully expected it...my heart breaks.  I can't stop crying about it.  It's so frustrating for any parent...wanting the whole world for your child....then being told that they are just barley hanging on by 1%.  But, really...that 1% doesn't mean anything to me...because the little things that Cole WILL accomplish will mean the world to us...and we give him 100%!

3 comments:

  1. i read your blog everyday. I show and tell everyone about it too. I am so proud of you and Adam and Cole. I bet it makes your heart break I can't even imagine all the feelings you experience, but you're right, it shouldn't mean anything to you. He's gone through things far more hard than anything my kids have had to go through. He is one tough cookie and one day he will get his break. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Your little guy is so cute. I just found your blog randomly - my little boy has epileptic spasms (older version of IS) - he had IS as an infant but went away, and now 3 1/2 years later they are back. :( I just thought it might be helpful if I could correspond with you about your journey to see what was helpful, etc. We have been dealing with this for 9 months now and hes not getting better yet. We aren't really sure what to do at this point. I am also LDS and live in colorado. email me if you want! my email is courtmarit at gmail dot com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that I took the last couple days and read your entire blog! You are an inspiration to me. I have felt so strongly the spirit and everything that you are going through. I know Ashley Anderson and how much she loves Cole. Even though you don't know me personally I just want to let you know you have one more person on your side fighting for your son. My grandparents both recently passed and I that you have two more angels fighting for your son on the other side! My thoughts and prayers are with you! You have brought me so much closer to the savior. I have been having a hard just with life in general and the Savior brought me to your blog and I just want to thank you for sharing Cole's Story with me. It has meant the world to me more than you will ever know.

    ReplyDelete