CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.22.2011

IPAD.

We bought Cole his an ipad during tax season (6 months ago)...they have amazing aps for children with autism or developmental delays and aps to help children communicate. I was pretty skeptical of getting it just because Cole had no interest in anything (not even toys)...but the other mothers who have kids like Cole had wonderful experiences with the ipad. So, we decided it was a small price to pay compared to the $8,000 communication devices. Well, the ipad went UNTOUCHED till last week! I found these "auto read" children's book apps on sale for .99 so I bought it in hopes to get his attention...and it worked! He watched 3 of them for 15min straight! Before his surgery, we couldn't even get him to look in the direction of the ipad....or the T.V. for that matter. Yesterday, Cole saw the ipad on the couch...reached for it...so I helped him & turned it on & played the book....he laughed and was so excited (of course I was beaming ear to ear that he was interested in SOMETHING!) then he made eye contact (real eye contact!) and smiled at me SO BIG! It was the craziest thing to have an experience like that. These are the little miracles I've been DREAMING about! gosh I love that little boy. 
1st day.
2nd day.
oh, doesn't that melt your heart!

9 comments:

  1. Oh that is wonderful! And there will be more miracles coming for you. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for blogging y'alls story! I am enduring a lot with my little guy and we were told that we need to move on to Phase 2 which inevitably means surgery! It SO scary to think about but we lean on God for the peace.
    Its encouraging to see the process of surgery and the outcomes!

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is making me cry! I can just see the happiness radiating from both Cole and his proud daddy!

    It is so exciting to see him making such drastic improvements so soon after his big day! I am so so happy for you guys!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me SO happy!! It's so hard when your kid doesn't respond to you. I'm glad you found something that works. I pray for Cole every day and I love to hear his triumphs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found your blog through a friends blog a few months ago and I have been following ever since. Cole is SO cute! this post made me smile!!:) keep up the good work you are amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Art finally showed me your blog guys. I'm just so happy about the surgery. Deeds LOVES his iPad we just got him last week. Even Gwen is digging some "wood puzzles" that we put on there. Best part is I don't have to clean up anything or worry about lost pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome. Isn't technology so amazing? I am so happy you are experiencing these moments. You guys are so strong and so is Cole. What a darling smile he has.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been following your blog for a few months now and pray for your family every day! What an amazing little boy you have! That last picture totally melts my heart! I am so amazed and inspired by your strong testimony... reading your blogs makes me want to do better in my life. I am going into nursing where I hope to become a pediatric nurse. Your little boy's story inspires me! I hope he is feeling better and making progress!
    -Macy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    Just searching for myself as an adult who used to have petite mal....from aged 7 until 14, I was searching for iPad epilepsy info and found your blog. Made my evening - Onya Cole, and well done mum and dad for finding the best doctors for your little treasure.

    God Bless
    Steve

    ReplyDelete