CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.05.2011

DAY 5 (POST OP).

Cole is finally feeling a little better...because MOMMY KNOWS BEST!  I knew he wasn't feeling good because of the morphine and the cocktail of drugs they were giving him.    They kept thinking he was in horrible pain (which I'm sure he was in pain) but he was acting so crazy and weird.  I didn't like that any time he was awake he was slapping and punching his self in the face, scratching his chest pulling every cord coming off of his body...I MEAN HE WAS ACTING CRAZY!  He was also shivering even though he wasn't cold.  So anytime Cole would start to come to, they gave him some sort of sedative which helped for a very short time, but then he was back to being crazy!  I kept telling them that I thought he was being over medicated....they kept saying he needs something to calm down...I finally told them the only thing Cole was getting was Tylenol.   Finally after most of the cocktail wore off, Cole wasn't being crazy.  He still isn't feeling super great, but it's a start. 

Cole FINALLY got released from the ICU today & FINALLY got this bad boy (drain tube) removed from his head.

I can't even tell you how hard it was to keep Cole from pulling that tube out. It was a battle ALL DAY LONG! Cole smiled for the first time since before his surgery. The surgeon came in to take Cole's drain tube out...and we finally got a smile out of him. It was just coincidence...but hey, he was happy!

He really wasn't up that much today...a few minutes to eat, do some PT and smile...that's about it.

The Physical Therapist came to work with Cole for a bit. They worked on sitting up again, he still had a hard time so they only did it for a few minutes.

My friend Niki, (from this post), was SO nice to send her friend Paula over who lives close to the Clinic...she and Niki both have a child with Drave Syndrome.
She was SO nice and brought us treats...
and a basket full of fun stuff!
Oh, and if your wondering...we didn't get any sleep last night even though we had a "night sitter"...We got less then 2 hours of sleep. I wasn't even going to post anything tonight but I realize that people want updates especially since we are so far away. Thanks for all of your prayers :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much updating this blog. There are many of us following his progress. Please keep on updating. We love to see that he is progressing.

    ReplyDelete