CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.03.2011

DAY 3 (POST OP).

Cole's day seem to be getting a little worse as he gets more irritated with...well, everything. He is very uncomfortable. He kicked out 2 more IV's, the nurse put another back in so he can still have morphine. The morphine seems to be wearing off faster. His incision is very itchy so we are constantly grabbing his hands...even while he sleeps. Cole is allergic to the sticker leads for the heart monitor & keeps itching his chest. We can't move him a lot because of the drain in his head. If he sits up to fast with out turning the value off or cries, he dumps fluid from his head (not good). Cole is taking: morphine, Tylenol, benadryl, pepcid, keppra, vigabatrin, antibiotics and I am sure I'm missing a few others. It's been a long day. I hope Cole isn't as uncomfortable tomorrow.
WARNING: COLE'S INCISION PICTURES ARE ON THIS POST!

I woke up this morning to this: 
(daddy curled up at the bottom of Cole's bed and
Cole's head wrap was off)

I guess at 2am daddy realized Cole's drain tube from his head was leaking a lot.  He and the nurse changed Cole's bedding a few times & they had the neurosurgery team come in and stitch it up.  They were in here all night, with every light on and I slept through the whole thing!  I kinda remember all of the lights being on & a lot of people in here...but I guess I was REALLY tired!   The nurse came in and let me know what they did and said he kept telling daddy that "I could sleep through anything".  Daddy agreed and said "that was why he had night duty". 
The incision is A LOT bigger then I thought it would be.

  Now is the fun part...Cole keeps trying to scratch it...so we are on scratch patrol!!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! you guys will be in our prayers and fast tomorrow! That has got to be so hard. :( We love you... can I say that enough? Doesn't feel like it so sorry if you get tired of hearing it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete