CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

9.11.2011

DAY 11 (POST OP).

So yesterday Cole did awesome...he didn't cry once....he was so good and so happy...even with us taking him on an 8 hour plane trip.  Today is another story...I don't get how he can have such a good day and the next day he is a complete wreck.  He has cried since he woke up at 6am this morning.  Ashley, Terri, David or Kristen (the parents of a child that had brain surgery) please give me some advice!!! I know I would be acting like Cole also, if I just had brain sugary...but all the drs and people who experienced this said children bounce back really  fast.  When we were in the hospital, 2 kids had brain surgery 1 week AFTER Cole did...they were in the hospital for 3 days (both got released before Cole).  I was ready for the surgery...but was NOT ready for the after math that the surgery would bring.  I really thought he would recover well...the drs thought he would to...and boy we were ALL surprised.  Uhhh, I just want to cry as much as Cole is crying.  Don't get me wrong, I am really pleased with the results of the surgery and extremely glad the Cole had this opportunity but I can't help my emotions of watching Cole suffer for so long! It seems like we finally get a break and the next day is awful.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, little John was in the hospital for eight days and that was considered really good by the staff, so don't think Cole's long recovery is unusual. I don't know why those other kids got out so quickly, but we sure didn't.

    The recovery period is just plain awful sometimes, I'm sorry to say--I don't have any magic cure. Little John was very manic in the weeks following the surgery--he was either laughing hysterically or crying. I really think the emotional swings go hand in hand with big neurological changes for little John, so maybe they do for Cole too. You can always keep him on Tylenol just in case something's hurting him. Hang in there! It will take a long time for him to seem settled and "himself" again. It took little John six weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am so happy for you guys! HOME is the best palce to be! i am so sorry that little cole is so sad! you guys are so strong!

    ReplyDelete