CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

8.04.2011

FINALLY!!!

We finally have Cole's brain surgery scheduled for September 1st.   He "failed" the Vigabatrin, however it has helped him so much cognitively.   We are ready for this!  The Lord has blessed us with this beautiful little boy and he has also blessed us with revelation to know how to help Cole.  I know that we did not get down this road by chance.   It was by the hand of the Lord, guiding us to where we have finally gotten.  I know it wasn't by chance that I met Cristina, Ashley, Niki & the other wonderful mothers I've met along the way or we would not know what was wrong with Cole.  The Lord said, “I will tell you in your mind and in your heart, by the Holy Ghost, which shall come upon you and which shall dwell in your heart” (D&C 8:2).  I have felt this and there is NO mistake the feeling I get when the Lord is prompting me how to help Cole.

This journey has not been easy on the 3 of us, however we have felt the  Lord lighten our burden.  Especially the burden of our financial travels of getting out to Cleveland because of the many wonderful people who have donated to Cole's medical fund.  Mosiah 24:14 says:
"And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions."  I know the Lord has been with us every step of the way...even in times where we have felt so alone and frustrated...I know he has never left us.  We want YOU to know how much we love and appreciate you...there have been so many people who have donated their time, their hard earned money, talents and resources to help us and we can't thank you enough!!!!   

8 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful testimony! I love your strength and faith! I'm so glad this will happen!! I bet you are so antsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you guys have a date...finally...hopefully;) our prayers are still with you. Keep on keepin on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the relay Saturday! Call me and let me know for sure when you need those flights! 801-446-4819

    ReplyDelete
  4. This brought tears to.my eyes u are strong. I pray for u guys daily. Love the wakefields

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are excited for you. No matter what happens, you are doing what you have to do to give Cole the best chance. I am sure there will be many ups and downs after the surgery, moments of bliss and moments of agony, as there were for us. I remember saying, "I wish I could just fast-forward to six months after the surgery." In the hard times after the surgery, I never could have guessed how AWESOME we would all be doing now. I have such great faith in the doctors at CC and know that if they can't do it, no one can. -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I just found your blog and wanted to tell you that you have a beautiful little boy! My son too has epilepsy and I know how scary it can be. We were going to do the surgery by Kyle did not qualify. I wish you the best of luck and look forward to keeping up on your journey!

    Rose
    http://karefoundation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're excited and counting down the days for Cole! Give the little man hugs for me. :) Love you all!

    ReplyDelete