CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

5.17.2011

PROGRESS FOR COLE!

 We are weaning Zonegran right now...it's not working.  His absent seizures are out of control...but on a good note, the drop seizures have decreased.  To the GOOD NEWS: Cole has done some pretty AMAZING things...in 1 WEEK!  Everything he has done last week amazed us!  We have been waiting for a VERY long time & it was fun to see them in such a short time.  I took pictures of each one:

Drank out of a different cup then he usually does
(if he feels something different in his mouth then his usual sippy cup, he freaks OUT! This shows us that he can make a connection that he can get a drink from something other then his "cup")

Going down the stairs! -just the last step-
(he had the BIGGEST smile on his face...we cheered for him)

Going up the stairs!
(not all the way...yet.)

 Playing w/water bottles
(he listens to the sound & squishes the plastic)

Playing with toys
(I line his toys up on the table & when he gets up they will ALL be scatted all over the house.  I love it!  I seriously look around at the mess he makes & it makes me SO HAPPY!)

THIS IS THE BIG ONE!!!
(I was SO shocked...i think even his therapist was, when we hid cheerios under bean bags...and...HE FOUND THEM!!!  This shows "object permanence"...he understands that the object is still there, even though he can't see it.)


 -I think he's disappointed nothing is under that one-

 BUT, now he thinks he should eat "little objects"...like pieces of the carpet.

Sit in his chair
(if I tell him to sit as I pat the chair he will "try" to sit in it!)
 Reaching up on the counter
 (I LOVE this!  he reaches up to get his drink...so CUTE!!)

A neighbor had a Toy Story Birthday Party...and had "Bullseye" at the Party...Cole got to ride him.

This little boy of ours AMAZES me!!!  I seriously am SO lucky to have him.  Every thing he does makes us smile.  We watch him run around the house and do the cute corky things he does & it's just so cute!  I love this little guy...good thing cuz I get to keep him FOREVER & EVER!!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! I am crying...I am SO happy for him (and you guys of course)! Those are all so great, what a difference. Prayers are being answered and the miracles will just keep coming :) LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me SO happy! I LOVE that he is progressing! I have definitely noticed it, spending time with him. So grateful this little guy is apart of my life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to see that he's making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you guys! I am so happy he is making progress. I can't wait to see you guys again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! This is so neat. I'm so excited for his progress. Way to go, Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAY! So excited for Cole! I am so proud of him! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GREAT news! We are cheering out here for you Cole!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a amazing steps to take all in a week . . . Congrats! So fun to see progress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY, COLE!!!!! YAY, Mommy and Daddy! Those things he does don't just appear out of nowhere, you guys have been there teaching him and helping him and it hasn't been wasted effort. Way to go, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good job Cole! I am so excited for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's great and just made my day! I truly hope from here on out that that handsome little guy makes progress. Best of luck to you guys. Our prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yaay Cole! Such exciting news, I am so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is AMAZING! I always think of you guys. I'm so glad that he is making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such good News!!! Miracles-love to hear about them!!! Yesterday I was telling one of my employees about Cole, she listened and expressed her concern, then when I was getting ready to go home- she came up to me and handed me a $50 bill. She said I know this isn't much but I want to help this sweet family! wow, tears, only because this lady's husband lost his job in December and in March he went through a quadruple by-pass, unexpectedly! They have also been through many trials, like you, but they are blessed. This lady lost her right leg to blood clots, four years ago, and she continues to have faith!!! I will be sending you her money-hang in there and know we are all thinking of you and constantly praying!!!

    ReplyDelete