CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

5.03.2011

BLOGS = MIRACLES

When this journey of Cole's started, we quickly became depressed.  I still remember the day our lives changed.  For a week straight, we sat on the couch & cried as Cole would nap for hours and hours a day.  I remember we were on our way home from the hospital after Cole's 1st EEG (at 10 months old).  I had some papers the neurologist sent home with us explaining what kind of seizures he was having. I was bawling as I tried to sound out these words that I've never heard before. I felt alone & scared.  I finally realized that I couldn't just cry forever...I needed to do something.  As I research everything under the sun, trying to find anyone who had the same seizure type as Cole.  I stumbled on  Cristina's blog.  FINALLY!  Someone who knew something...and that someone else exists with the same seizure type!  I contacted her...soon after, Ashley & Nikki found us!  We all became instant friends.  It was finally nice to talk to someone who understood the language and lifestyle that comes with babies & toddlers with epilepsy.  All of them in some way taught me how to be a better advocate for Cole...and I will be forever grateful to them!  If I hadn't found them, I KNOW we wouldn't have found out about the Cleveland Clinic.  I would STILL be sitting here, NOT knowing what was wrong with my sweet baby.  I know that I was guided by the Lord to find these AMAZING mom's.  He knew I would need them for strength, comfort & their knowledge and example.  I love you guys and will FOREVER grateful to you!!!! I am rooting for their kids every step of the way!

8 comments:

  1. Your strength inspires me. I don't know how I would react but I don't know if I would be able to be strong without having examples like you and those other moms you are talking about. That is why we are here, to LIFT eachother up. BE THERE for eachother. I am glad you found those people to help you and inspire you. We pray for you guys and cole continually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We love you too! We're hoping and praying for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And your blog, you, your family and your beautiful little boy inspired me! Thank you for sharing Cole's story. The ups and the downs. You are an AMAZING mother to all those who read your blog! You've probably helped more people than you'll ever know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I'm your newest follower! I found your blog on a Google search trying to find some other Epilepsy Mama's. My two year old son was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. He does not have the same type of seizures as your little Cole but he could. He has Generalized Epilepsy and his Neuro said that he could have a number of different types of seizures. I will be praying for Cole and a successful surgery on June 22nd (my birthday!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are with you all the way, Sarah! We have cried the same kind of tears and spent the same kind of weeks dissolved on the couch in agony over our child's seizures. But God knows the way up and out, and we are finding it together. Thank goodness for our posse of epilepsy moms!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Cole,
    My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Cole is a brave courageous fighter, and real inspirational hero. I am so glad your mommy found people to talk to that have your disease. My disease is so rare, that I have yet found anyone who has it.
    Maybe one day I will.
    www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading this after having so many days when it felt like no one was reading my blog and I felt like giving up--you just made them all worth it. :)

    I am so grateful to have you in my life! You are an amazing mom and an inspiration to me as well. :)

    We are cheering for and thinking of Cole everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I don't want to intrude, but this is a fantastic blog and what a beautiful little boy you have! I posted this chat room link because it's for epilepsy support; both for parents of children with epilepsy and for adults living with it as well. I hope that you check it out and get the peer support you deserve!!

    http://www.healthfulchat.org/epilepsy-chat-room.html

    PS - Love the photo with the shades. Adorable!!

    ReplyDelete