CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

1.17.2011

MEDICATION: DAY 7

We added the whole dose of Keppra (250mg) Saturday night. The next morning Cole woke-up and had 15-20 seizures in a row & very shaky ect. That is how many we "count" in a day! I wanted to SCREAM, CRY, FREAK OUT & LEAVE the country...but, I didn't. I calmly shuttered & thought to my self, "is this the Keppra!?, of course it is because NOTHING is going to be "easy" for us." 5 hours went by and I was still bugged by what I saw that morning. Then I realized the only thing different that I had done was brushed his teeth w/ the "Keto-Friendly" toothpaste...I was relieved that is was *probably* that!! Even though it's on the Keto list, dosn't mean it's for every Ketogenic child.

(I will be returning it back to the store...since it was $6!!!). This morning he woke up much better-less seizing. But, he has been having Night Terrors or something the past week...that's always fun! ...I am tired...I need a "tropical paradise" trip...anyone wanna join ;)

P.S.
on a good note, cole was at church & gave 2 little baby's "hugs" (he rests his head on their head). It was the FREAKING cutest thing I've ever seen...He saw one little baby who walked over by him and didn't even look at the baby and gave him a "hug", I was so suprised, I said "oh Cole! did you give the baby a hug!"...he smurked (while I was thinking he did it on accident)...he walked accross the room to the 2nd baby and did the same thing!!! I know he's in there!...I just need to prove it to the drs.

2 comments:

  1. I will totally go with you on a tropical vacation! Let's leave the boys together ;)

    Keep strong with the Keppra. You need to give it at least three weeks to even out.

    SO cute with the hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that he is making signs of progress at least where his development is involved, that has to be encouraging. I dont know if this will help but if they are night terrors this may work. For Shad I downloaded a bunch of really soothing music, primary hymns, nature sounds and put them on an ipod then had that playing in his room all night (really low but loud enough for him to hear them) the first night we did this his terrors went away. We had to keep this going for about a month or two but they are gone now. You may want to give it a shot. Good luck with all, my prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete