CONTACT ME:

If you would like to contact me, leave a comment at the bottom of the last post. I moderate all comments before they are posted, so if it has your email I won't publish it.
..........................................................................................
ALL PHOTOS ARE SUBJECT TO COPY RIGHT. DO NOT "PIN", SAVE, OR USE ANY PHOTOS WITH OUT PERMISSION, THANK YOU!

8.08.2010

ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY.



It's been ONE-Year since my little "Mole" started having seizures. I didn't think he would still have them...I know...kinda a nieve thing to think...but I was nieve to seizures. Now, I know a lot about seizures. It's definatly changed our lives, though I still wouldn't trade it for anything...even through the tears, force feeding and tantrums. I still feel like I'm dreaming. and still, the HARDEST thing about everything that has happened is Cole's developement. It's sad not see him doing things he should be doing...but, the little things that I think I would have taken for granted...I get so gitty over and I feel like I won a million dollars. Just like 5 days ago...Cole climed up his 2 step stair that daddy built for him and got on the couch ALL BY HIM SELF (even though I was running toward him in sheer panic thinking he was going to fall like usual. That same day he also got OFF the couch all by him self...with me running toward him in sheer panic once again.

I think what I've learned this past year has been compassion (especially toward parents w/ children w/special needs...because it is NOT easy, I really had no idea what those parents go through...and I sure never thought I would have found out). I've also learned to be more patient, and I think I *LOVE* this child even more...in ways I didn't know I could. I've got a Beautiful little boy and it's all that matters!


Seriously...is that not the funniest/cutest face EVER!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Sarah, a year already. It never seems to amaze me how quickly times fly, especially with a Special Needs Child. You are constantly on the go & running to Dr's appts' & such that you don't have much "down" time to think to slow down & ENJOY all the small moments! Hang in there. Remember we were chosen for a reason. Some ARE stronger then others & can handle SO MUCH MORE. It's not going to be an easy road, but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love my little guy too much to change a thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, going to try this again since the first comment failed ...

    My little man makes that exact same face!! In fact, he's standing next to me right now taking turns grimacing & bobbing up and down to the music on your site. From the clapping, I think he likes it.

    By the way, you are a fabulous Momma! Thought you needed to know that

    ReplyDelete